3 Step Formula to Gain Momentum In Your Life
What we do in each moment is the only thing we have absolute control over.
Each action is either working for us or against us.
We are either getting one step closer to our goal or one step away from it.
Like sports, if momentum is in our favor, we are more likely to win.
If it is working against us, it's going to be an uphill battle.
So how do we get momentum working for us.
It’s simple. But simple is not always easy.
Here’s the formula!
It’s a 3 part process
- Decide what you want.
- Decide what you need to do to get there.
- Track it.
- Decide what you want. You might you want to..
- Get in shape?
- Start a business?
- Improve your relationships?
- Learn something new?
- Practice mindfulness?
2. Decide what you need to get there
- To get in shape - need to eat healthy and workout
- To start a business - wake up earlier and spend 2 hours a day working on it
- To improve relationships - Plan spending quality time with the people that matter to me.
- To learn something new - Commit to reading, watching podcasts, or starting a course
- To practice mindfulness - start meditating.
3. Track it
This useful tool can help you stay on track with the things that matter most in my life. It is known as a habit tracker and I'm sure some of you have seen it before.
Just mark off each day you did the habit you set out to do.
You can easily edit the tracker to fit your needs.
This is a great tool that only takes a minute a day to complete, and it is easy to see when you are getting off track. You can access the tool by clicking here.
It’s easy for momentum to start moving against us. It happens all the time.
By knowing what we want, and monitoring the direction we are heading, we can be more confident we are taking the right actions
Lets get momentum rolling in our favor!